A Prince William County native, Jay has been with WCL&W since 1996 and works primarily in the firm’s Land Use and Zoning practice group. He is an expert in all phases of the land use and development process in Northern Virginia, with considerable experience in Prince William and Stafford Counties since the mid 1980s. In addition to development-related activities such as NVBIA and the Prince William County Zoning Ordinance Review Committee, Jay has served as President and Director of the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, on numerous charitable committees and on several County-appointed task force committees. As a result of this experience, Jay is not only well known in the community, but has the ability to balance county and community goals with those of his clients in order to achieve successful land use decisions.
Jay has obtained land use approvals for the following types of developments:
- Large mixed-use projects in both Prince William and Stafford Counties.
- New retail developments on behalf of regional and national shopping centers.
- Expansions, other changes, and real estate tax appeals for national shopping mall owner.
- Multi-family projects for regional and national multi-family developers.
- Large- and small-lot single-family and townhome residential projects.
- Large and small industrial parks.
- New automobile dealerships approvals.
- Recycling facilities for both construction and residential recyclables.
- Retail fuel facilities, as well as expansion of major petroleum storage facilities supplied by transcontinental petroleum pipeline.
- Several asphalt plants in Prince William and Stafford Counties.
- Telecommunications towers.
- Prince William County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, President (former)
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association, Prince William Chapter, President (former)
- Prince William County Commercial Development Committee, Rezoning/Special Use Permit Task Force
- Prince William County DCSM/Zoning Ordinance Advisory Committee
- Prince William County Bar Association, Wills for Heroes Program
- Woodbridge Potomac Communities Civic Association, Board of Directors
Practice AreasLand Use and Zoning
Catholic University, J.D., 1982
The Catholic University Law Review, 1980–82George Mason University, B.A., 1972
American Bar Association
Virginia State Bar AssociationPrince William County Bar Association (Former Secretary)