A legal office administrator, Lorri has more than 20 years’ experience in legal administration, organizational and strategic planning, conflict resolution, and human resources management. She is responsible for leading the firm’s day-to-day operations associated with finance, human resources, facilities, staffing and recruiting, IT, and strategic planning, including payables, receivables, employment opportunities, office space, furniture and equipment, and technology.
Prior to joining The Land Lawyers, Lorri managed firm operations for the D.C., and Virginia offices of Squire Patton Boggs where she also developed and taught a course on interviewing techniques and best practices for managers and directors, drafted a Human Resources Policy Guide, developed and implemented orientation programs for new hires, and managed an 80,000-square-foot, six-floor demolition and renovation project that required the coordinated relocation of more than 250 employees, including existing office furniture, rental furniture, and re-installation upon final build-out. At Venable LLP, Lorri oversaw recruitment, benefits administration and employee relations for more than 450 employees. As the personnel department manager at Greenblum and Bernstein, PLC, a 75-employee firm, she oversaw HR and office operations.
- Coordinate financial services
- Prepare and monitor annual operations and capital budgets
- Ensure proper processing of payables, billings, receivables, and petty cash
- Coordinate HR side of mergers and acquisitions
Facilities and Operations
- Oversee office space planning and design to ensure efficient allocation of space and work-flow
- Lease negotiation and management
- Coordinate purchasing and inventory control
- Supervise reception area, housekeeping, facilities, conference space, and office services
HR and Benefits
- Interview, hire and conduct orientation for legal staff and attorneys
- Administer benefits including health, dental, vision, HSA, flexible spending, FML, STD, and ADA
- Supervise staff, including finance, IT, library services, legal secretaries, paralegals, and administrative positions
- Serve as point of contact for attorneys regarding mentor programs and associate policies and procedures
- Oversee salary administration and performance evaluations
- Implement discipline procedures and discharge procedures
- Coordinate and plan various office functions, including staff appreciation week, firm outings, new-hire happy hours, and annual parties
Information TechnologyMarketing/Business Development
Johns Hopkins University, M.S.Towson State University, B.S.
Association of Legal Administrators, Capital Chapter
Arlington Chamber of Commerce
Society For Human Resource Management