Marian joined the firm’s Prince William office in February 2005. Previously, she worked as a Project Analyst with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (formerly Shaw Pittman), and supported both the land use and transactional real estate teams within that firm’s Northern Virginia office. She has worked with multiple Northern Virginia jurisdictions including the City of Alexandria, and Fairfax, Loudoun, and Arlington Counties. As a land use planner in the Prince William office, Marian is actively engaged in the legal analysis of land use development practices with respect to rezoning, special use permit and conditional use permit cases within Prince William and Stafford Counties.
- Advised client regarding entitlements for mixed-use project consisting of 550,000 square feet of retail space, 500,000 square feet of office space, and 500 residential units.
- Managed rezoning process for 115-acre industrial site.
- Managed entitlement process for national care sales distribution center. Provided continued support post zoning with respect to site development issues.
- Provide counsel and guidance to residential, industrial, and commercial purchasers concerning the effects of site plan and zoning requirements on a parcel-specific basis.
- Conduct research and prepare land use due diligence memos for clients entering into real estate transactions. Research involves analysis of all aspects of land use issues including transportation, environment, cultural resource, and landscape.
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- LEED AP
- Virginia Tech, Outstanding Graduating Student Award, 2004
Publications and Presentations
- Braddock Road Metro Station Plan: Virginia Tech Urban Affairs and Planning Student Team. (This project won the 2004 Student Project Award by the Virginia Chapter of the American Planning Association.)
Virginia Tech, M.A., Urban and Regional Planning, 2004
Virginia Tech, Certificate of Graduate Study in Natural Resources, 2004Emory University, B.A., Religion, 1986
American Planning Association
Urban Land InstituteUSGBC, National Capital Region Chapter