Sara joined WCL&W in 2007 and works primarily in the firm’s Land Use and Zoning practice group. She is experienced in all phases of the land use and development process in Northern Virginia and specializes in rezoning, special permit, special exception, and variance applications in Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, the Town of Vienna, and the Town of Herndon. Prior to joining the firm, Sara gained invaluable experience in land use and zoning law while working for Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Member Sharon Bulova.
- Assisted with entitlements for 33-acre mixed-use office and retail development in southeastern Fairfax County. Approval process involved adaptive reuse of construction demolition and debris landfill for new 36-acre recreation facility adjacent to the mixed-use center.
- Assisted with approval of a 15-acre office park comprised of 978,500 square feet of gross floor area. The office park will be located in proximity to Fort Belvoir’s Engineer Proving Ground in Fairfax County.
- Assisted with entitlement of a 13-acre multi-family development located in the Tysons Corner area of Fairfax County that is approved for a 3.0 FAR or 1,354 multi-family dwelling units and accessory retail uses, including a grocery store.
- Obtained approval of a special permit for a place of worship to permit a 450-seat sanctuary, child care use, and school for grades K–12.
- Obtained approval of a number of special exceptions for service stations in Fairfax County that are redeveloping existing facilities.
- Obtained approval of a number of special permits for homeowners seeking to modify lot requirements in order to enhance their existing property.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated
- Emerging Leaders Institute, Class of 2008
- Leadership Fairfax
- Fairfax Symphony Orchestra
- Arlington Road Runners
Practice AreasLand Use and Zoning
College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D., 2006
Articles Editor, The William & Mary Law Review
University of Virginia, B.A., 2003
Professional MembershipUrban Land Institute
Virginia Bar Association
Arlington Bar Association
Fairfax Bar Association