PLEASE NOTE: Below is filler text used from another site.
For now, this page is not mobile friendly but will be in the future.
Our attorneys represent clients in a full range of affordable housing, multifamily housing, and community development matters, including federal, state, and local housing programs and issues.
We advise clients on strategic planning issues, development and tax matters, transaction closings, ongoing operational matters, and workouts of troubled projects. We assist clients in navigating the often complicated nature of these projects by utilizing a team of experienced land use and zoning and real estate transaction attorneys.
Representation of All Facets of the Industry
Our lawyers’ involvement with all significant federal, state, and local housing and community development programs over the last 35 years gives us the transactional, regulatory and policy experience and relationships to handle all your business needs in this complex area. Developers – for-profit and nonprofit, investors, lenders and underwriters, housing authorities and housing finance agencies − all regularly call on our team for representation with every type of project.
Comprehensive Experience Across All Programs
We advise clients on all affordable housing and community development programs and issues, including:
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits and New Market Tax Credits
- HUD/FHA multifamily loan programs
- HUD’s Section 8 and Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance programs
- Public Housing, including redevelopment of public housing under HUD’s HOPE VI and mixed finance programs
- Tax-exempt bond financing for housing and community development
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan and investment programs
- Community and economic development programs, including HUD’s Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), Section 108 and Economic Development Initiative programs, as well as Empowerment Zones and Enterprise Communities
- Representation in connection with administrative, civil and criminal investigations and actions by HUD, the Justice Department and other government agencies
- Compliance programs, investigations and litigation in connection with accessibility issues under the Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and state and local fair housing laws
Seasoned Counsel From Industry Leaders and A Comprehensive Approach
Our lawyers include recognized leaders with years of hands-on experience with housing and community development programs and agencies on every level. Reflecting the complicated nature of many of these projects, our team includes veteran real estate, tax, syndication, land use, public finance and policy attorneys who work together to deliver an integrated approach to client needs.