Mark, an Arlington County native, has been with WCL&W since 1994 and works in the firm’s Real Estate Transactions and Commercial Business Practice Group. He has extensive experience in negotiating and preparing subdivisions, County and reciprocal easement agreements, association documents, and other development documents as well as contracts and leases for commercial, residential and mixed-use projects in the Ballston Corridor, Tysons Corner, and other Northern Virginia locations. Prior to law school, Mark worked for First Virginia Bank where he gained invaluable experience in commercial and retail lending. Mark represents both development and lenders in commercial loan closings. His business transactions practice includes formation of limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations, joint ventures and the purchase and sale of businesses.
- Preparation of purchase and sale agreements and due diligence work, including title and survey review, for residential, commercial and mixed-use projects.
- Representation of both lenders and borrowers in negotiation, preparation and closing of acquisition and development financing.
- Negotiation, drafting and coordination of development documents including subdivisions, County and private easements, encroachments, tie back, crane swing access, parking and other construction easements, and development agreements for numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects in Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, the City of Alexandria, the City of Fairfax, and the Town of Vienna.
- Preparation of reciprocal easement and development agreements for residential, commercial and mixed-use projects.
- Filing and processing applications for the abandonment and/or vacation of public rights-of-way and easements with both local jurisdictions and the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in office, retail and industrial leases.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated
- Catholic Business Network, Catholic Schools Business Partnership Award, 2008, 2011
- Bishop Denis J. O’Connell High School, Board of Governors, Facilities Committee Chair
- Catholics for Housing, Board of Directors
- George Mason University Law School, Law Firm Pledge Challenge Team Captain
- Catholic Charities Ball Special Gifts Committee
- Gifts for the Homeless Annual Battle of the Law Firm Bands, Larry & the LandLawyers, Vocalist and Rhythm Guitar
- Arlington County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (former)
- Arlington County YMCA, Board of Governors (former)
- Vienna Little League, Coach (former)
- Arlington Diocese Catholic Youth Organization, Basketball Coach (former)