Erin joined WCL&W in 2013 to continue her established practice of commercial and residential real estate development. Her previous work in this area as well as a four-year position as general counsel to a small, family-owned construction company gives her a broad foundation for anticipating, understanding and avoiding problems that often arise in the real estate development industry. Erin advises her clients in the preparation, negotiation and interpretation of development agreements, contracts, leases, and subdivision and easement deeds, as well as the formation and registration of community associations in Virginia. Erin’s previous work with intricate tax credit financing partnerships provides her with an in depth understanding of complex financing, compliance and asset management documentation.
- Prepared subdivision and easement deeds for multiple residential and commercial projects in northern Virginia.
- Registered and drafted multiple condominium projects in Prince William County and Stafford County.
- Drafted master and sub-association property owners association documents for multiple projects in northern Virginia.
- Assisted existing community associations with amending and interpreting association documents.
- Assisted multiple homebuilders in preparing and updating new home sales contracts.
- Assisted small businesses with all aspects of entity organization in Virginia.
Publications and Presentations
- Update on the commercial property market in Prince William County presented to the Commercial and Industrial Land Exchange (June 2012).
- “FHA Condominium Project Approvals for New and Existing Condominiums in Virginia” presented to the Prince William County Virginia Mortgage Lenders Association (March 2012).
- “Financial Due Diligence on Contracts and Leases” presented to the Flory Small Business Center Financial Conference (October 2010).
- Northern Virginia Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association, Founding Member and Secretary
Practice AreasLand Use and Zoning
Real Estate Transactions
Commercial Business Transactions
EducationGeorge Mason University School of Law, J.D.
Georgetown University, BALS, cum laude
Professional MembershipAmerican Bar Association
Virginia State Bar Association
Prince William County Bar Association
Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
Washington Metropolitan Chapter of the Community Associations Institute
The Commercial and Industrial Land Exchange