Erin joined WCL&W in 2013 to continue her established practice of commercial and residential real estate development. Her previous work in this area as well as a four-year position as general counsel to a small, family-owned construction company gives her a broad foundation for anticipating, understanding and avoiding problems that often arise in the real estate development industry. Erin advises her clients in the preparation, negotiation and interpretation of development agreements, contracts, leases, and subdivision and easement deeds, as well as the formation and registration of community associations in Virginia. Erin’s previous work with intricate tax credit financing partnerships provides her with an in depth understanding of complex financing, compliance and asset management documentation.
- Real estate sales and acquisition, including preparation of purchase and sale agreements and ancillary transactional documents for national and local homebuilders and commercial development entities.
- Real estate development, including preparation of development agreements and reciprocal easement agreements for residential, commercial and mixed-use developments.
- Due diligence for real estate acquisition, including review of title, proffers, and land use issues.
- Plan processing, including preparation of deeds of easement and subdivision, bond processing and release for residential and commercial projects.
- Community associations, including creation of, amending and interpreting residential and commercial property owners association documents.
- Preparation and processing of family subdivision and land transfer documents.
Publications and Presentations
- “Virginia HOA Disclosure Packages from Soup to Nuts” presented to the Prince William Women’s Council of Realtors (August 2016)
- NVBIA Building 101, Seminar 2 “Market Analysis / Land Acquisition” – Panel Member (March 2016)
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association – Member of the Board of Directors, 2017
- Women in the Building Industry – President, 2017
- NAIOP Prince William Government Relations Subcommittee – Member 2013 to present
- McLean Swim and Tennis Association, Inc. – Secretary and Member of the Board of Directors 2016-2017
- George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School – Student Mentor
- Moms RUN This Town, McLean/Tysons – Member
Practice AreasLand Use and Zoning
Real Estate Transactions
Commercial Business Transactions
EducationGeorge Mason University School of Law, J.D.
Georgetown University, BALS, cum laude
Professional MembershipAmerican Bar Association
Virginia State Bar Association
Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
Washington Metropolitan Chapter of the Community Associations Institute