Wendy, an experienced litigator, has successfully represented property owners, subcontractors, general contractors, lenders, and title companies on matters involving various contract and real-estate related issues including: the filing and defense of mechanic’s liens as well as suits to enforce the same; title defect cases pertaining to prior open liens, unreleased mortgages, and unrecorded and/or defective security deeds; breach of contract disputes on both large- and small-scale construction projects involving claims filed both on behalf of and against architects, owners, general contractors, subcontractors and/or suppliers; easement disputes; and claims against sureties on projects with payment and/or performance bonds. Wendy is barred in Virginia as well as in the District of Columbia. She has been voted one of the “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business magazine in multiple categories and through the peer review process earned an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell.
- Espejo v. George Mason Mortg., LLC, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 39735 (E.D. Va., Apr. 22, 2010).
- Gas Mart Corp. v. Board of Supervisors, 269 Va. 334, 611 S.E.2d 340 (2005).
- Recyc Systems, Inc. v. Spotsylvania County, 15 Cir. CH01711, 64 Va. Cir. 68 (2004).
- Glazebrook v. Board of Supervisors, 266 Va. 550, 587 S.E.2d 589 (2003).
- Koz v. Wells Fargo Home Mort., CL-2010-17795, 2011 Va. Cir. LEXIS 102 and 113 (Fairfax Cty Cir. Ct. June 9, 2011 and Aug 4, 2011)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated
- Voted among the “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine
George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 1998
George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal
George Mason American Inn of CourtUniversity of Virginia, B.A., 1994
Virginia State Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Prince William County Bar Association
PWBA Public Relations Committee (Former Chair)
Virginia Women Attorneys Association (Former Board Member—Public Relations Chair, Prince William Chapter)Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
Admitted to Practice in:
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. District Court, Western District of VirginiaU.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit