The Prince William land use team wants to provide an update on happenings around Prince William County including the initiation of small area plans and recent entitlement approvals.
Small Area Plans
The Prince William Board of County Supervisors initiated an update to the County’s Comprehensive Plan, which includes the creation of small area plans. The purpose of these small area plans is to guide development and direct growth. Components of the small area plans may include strategic plan implementation, design guidelines, economic development analysis, level-of-service analysis, and implements/phasing plans. There are five current small area plans: Dale City, Innovation Park, North Woodbridge, Parkway Employment Center, and Route 29. Future small area plans, which include Independent Hill, Triangle, Yorkshire, and Fairgrounds/New Dominion, will be created after the current plans have been completed. More information, including dates of upcoming meetings, can be found here.
Recent Firm Entitlement Approvals
The Firm’s land use team recently obtained County approvals for the following projects:
- Image 1: Princeton Wood Self-Storage Zone Special Use Permit for Self-Storage Center: Special use permit to develop a 1.6-acre pad site in the Princeton Woods Shopping Center. This includes a FAR of 1.46 and a total floor area up to 105,000 square feet. (Represented by Jay du Von and Marian Harders)
- Image 2: Bull Run Sign Modification Special Use Permit Amendment: Upgrades for an existing two-color electronic changeable copy sign to allow for a full-color sign panel at the existing Bull Run Plaza shopping center in the Gainesville Magisterial District. (Represented by Jay du Von and Jessica Pfeiffer)
- Image 3: Lindsay Automotive Proffer Amendment and Special Use Permits for Lindsay Collision Center, Lindsay Volkswagen, and Lindsay Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram: Special use permit and proffer amendment approvals on behalf of Lindsay Automotive in the Route 28 corridor near Maplewood Drive that will provide for redevelopment to help vitalize this area of the Coles District. (Represented by Jay du Von and Marian Harders)
- Images 4-6: Pavilion Capital — Autobell, Taco Bell, and Firestone Special Use Permits: On Route 28 in the Brentsville Magisterial District. (Represented by Pete Dolan and Jonelle Cameron)
- Image 7: Sheetz Dale City Special Use Permit: Special use permit for a new Sheetz gas station at the northeast corner of Dale Boulevard and Queensdale Drive in Dale City. Sheetz will redevelop the site, which was vacated by a fuel facility. (Represented by Jay du Von and Marian Harders)
- Image 8: Mia’s Meadow Rezoning: Rezoning 19.8 acres from A-1 (Agricultural) to PMR (Planned Mixed Residential). The community known as Mia’s Meadow will consist of up to 45 single-family detached units and is located at the southeastern intersection of Minnieville Road and Spriggs Road. (Represented by Jay du Von and Marian Harders)
- Image 9: Haddad Group Rezoning and Car Wash Special Use Permit: Rezoning from A-1 (Agricultural) and M-1 (Heavy Industrial) to B-1 (General Commercial) along with an associated car wash special use permit on Route 29 in the Brentsville Magisterial District. (Represented by Pete Dolan and Jonelle Cameron)
- Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center Proffer Amendment and Rezoning: Proffer amendment and rezoning approvals at Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center to relocate residential units within a Planned Mixed District, remove an office component from the PMD, and allow for a high-rise office building that was previously located in the PMD area. (Represented by Jay du Von and Marian Harders)
- Featherstone Square Proffer Amendment: Proffer amendment to add three properties to the Featherstone Square development, located a short distance off Route 1 on Featherstone Road. (Represented by Jay du Von and Marian Harders)
• Image 1: CE Group, LLC/The Engineering Groupe
• Image 2: The Rappaport Companies/jaf Design Studio, PLLC
• Image 3: Lindsay Holdings, LLC/The Engineering Groupe
• Images 4-6: Pavilion Development Group/Trey Lucas Architecture, Core States Group, SGA Design Group, P.C.
• Image 7: Sheetz, Inc./Bohler Engineering
• Image 8: N.V.P., Inc./Land Design Consultants
• Image 9: Haddad Group, LLC/ Trey Lucas Architecture