Land Use Planner – Land Use & Zoning
Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C., a Northern Virginia commercial real estate law firm, seeks a Land Use Planner for our Arlington office. The planner’s job will entail collaborating with attorneys of the firm on researching, filing, and processing entitlement applications before local jurisdictions. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and have knowledge of and experience with land use entitlement processes, preferably in Northern Virginia. Typical projects range from small business owners opening a new restaurant, to affordable housing providers, creating new dedicated affordable housing, to developers entitling large mixed-use developments.
Other requirements include:
- Minimum 1–3 years of professional planning experience or equivalent graduate school experience.
- Degree in urban planning, environmental studies, architecture, public policy or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, communicate with clients, meet deadlines, and work effectively with clients, City/County staff, consultants (civil engineers, landscape designers, architects) and other team members.
- Excellent writing/editing, research and analysis (qualitative and quantitative), communication, critical thinking, and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Willing to learn new jurisdictions and processes; adaptable; able to work in fast-paced environments
The Firm offers excellent benefits including paid time off and holiday pay; medical, dental, group life, and long- and short-term disability insurance plans; and a 401(k) savings and profit-sharing plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com
Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C., is an Equal Opportunity Employer