John has been with WCL&W since 1993. He is a native of Northern Virginia with a family background in the construction and development industries. John’s practice primarily focuses on litigation in real estate, construction, and development, including mechanic’s liens, real property title issues, title insurance, and general business law. The remainder of John’s practice includes real estate transactions and larger general business issues.
- Walsh v. Bank of Am., NA, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 190987 (E.D. Va. Feb. 15, 2012)
- Loudoun County Bd. of Supervisors v. Jefferson, 83 Va. Cir. 464 (2011)
- Upperman Verizon Deutsche Bank Nat’l Trust Co., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 38827, (2010).
- Sun Yung Lee v. Zom Clarendon, L.P., 689 F.Supp.2d 814; 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 17117 (2010).
- Sun Yung Lee v. ZOM Clarendon, L.P., 665 F.Supp.2d 603; 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 98765 (2009).
- DLB, Inc. v. United Golf, Inc., 2008 Va. Cir. LEXIS 25, March 31, 2008.
- Angelvitch v. Yom (In re Yom), 2007 Bankr. LEXIS 3342 (2007).
- Williams Steel Erection Co. v. DOL & Indus., 42 Va. App. 814; 595 S.E.2d 45 (2004).
- Short Pump Town Ctr. Cmty. Dev. Auth. v. Hahn, 262 Va. 733; 554 S.E.2d 441 (2001).
- Leeman v. Troutman Builds, Inc., 260 Va. 202; 530 S.E.2d 909 (2000).
- Federal Fin. Co. v. Hall, 108 F.3d 46 (4th Cir. 1997), Cert. Denied, 522 U.S. 858, 118 S. Ct. 157, 139 L. Ed. 2d 102 (1997).
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter at various real estate related CLE seminars for National Business Institute, 2006 to present
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association, Prince William Chapter, Board of Directors
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association, Regional Board of Directors
EducationUniversity of Richmond, T.C. Williams Law School, J.D., 1990
Randolph-Macon College, B.A., 1987
Professional MembershipVirginia State Bar Association
Prince William County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice in:Virginia
District of Columbia
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia