Kathleen joined WCL&W in 2003 and works primarily in the transactional and development area of the firm’s practice. She is experienced in forming condominium and community associations, preparing and negotiating contracts, and preparing declarations, subdivision deeds, reciprocal easement agreements, and documents related to all types of mixed-use development for national, regional, and local clients. Prior to law school, Kathleen gained invaluable experience in the field of real estate development while working as a project engineer for the Clark Construction Group, Inc
- Prepared and negotiated a contract and closing document associated with the sale of a seven-story mixed-use condominium building for one buyer and a contract for the sale of 2.6 acres of vacant land for a second buyer in McLean.
- Prepared condominium instruments for a 416-unit residential condominium in Arlington County, a 234-unit expandable condominium conversion in Fairfax County, a 28-phase expandable residential condominium in Prince William County, and a mixed-use condominium containing 126,000 square feet of commercial space and 133 residential units in Arlington County.
- Prepared land condominium instruments for an 8.1-acre mixed-use site in Fairfax County and prepared and negotiated with potential buyers of a land unit, the reciprocal easement agreement to which the land condominium was to be subject.
- Prepared condominium instruments creating all units in a 12-unit commercial condominium in the City of Alexandria. Prepared and negotiated contracts and closing documents associated with the sale of those units.
- Prepared HOA documents for an 11-acre site in Loudoun County, which land is also to be subjected to a condominium regime. Negotiated the resolution of warranty claims of the residential and commercial condominiums on behalf of the Declarant of such condominiums.
- Named a Virginia “Rising Star, ” Virginia Lawyer magazine, 2012, 2013, 2014
Publications and Presentations
- “The Broadband Debate Continues,” Southeast Tech Wire, co-authored with Pamela V. Rothenberg (July 2, 2002).
Practice AreasReal Estate Transactions
Commercial Business Transactions
George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2003University of Virginia, B.S. in Civil Engineering, 1997
Virginia State Bar Association
Arlington County Bar AssociationDC Real Estate Group
Admitted to Practice in:
District of ColumbiaU.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia