A native of Fairfax County, Lynne has been with WCL&W since graduating from law school in 1988. She is experienced in all phases of the land use and development process in Fairfax County and surrounding jurisdictions including Fairfax City, Falls Church, and the Towns of Vienna and Herndon. Lynne specializes in land use and zoning issues for commercial, residential, and mixed-use development and has extensive experience with special permit, special exception, and variance applications. Over the years, Lynne has developed an extensive practice representing non-profits, including numerous places of worship and schools.
- Obtained approval for a 2,100-seat sanctuary for the Korean Central Presbyterian Church in Centreville.
- Coordinated a complex redevelopment of a debris landfill resulting in a mixed-use center including a Wegman’s grocery store.
- Participated in a PPEA negotiation between Fairfax County and Clark Realty and received approval of a multi-family development combined with a county library.
- Successful representation of Gannett Co., Inc., for land use approval in the move of its headquarters to Fairfax County.
- Obtained approval for an office park containing approximately one million square feet in proximity to the new NGIA facility in Springfield.
- Representation of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington in numerous applications in Fairfax County.
- Representation of numerous commercial uses requiring special exception approval such as service stations, drive-through banks, and fast-food restaurants.
- Representation of numerous clients in development opportunities associated with BRAC-related improvements.
- Assists clients in obtaining site plan approvals and permits and regularly appears before the Fairfax County Planning Commission, the Board of Supervisors, and the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated
- Recognition by Multifamily Residential Development Community for participation in the Fairfax County Affordable Dwelling Unit Task Force
Publications and Presentations
- Instructor for presentation to the Engineers & Surveyors Institute
- Presentation to the Fairfax Committee of 100
- Instructor for various Virginia Continuing Legal Education classes
- Moderator for panel discussions, Quantico/Belvoir Regional Business Alliance, Inc.
- Moderator and Speaker for Leadership Fairfax, Inc.
- “Fairfax board approves 25-story Tysons condo tower after working out affordable issue,” WBJ, Web, April 5, 2016 (Link to Article.)
- Celebrate Fairfax, Chair, Board of Directors
- Doorways, Board of Directors, Chair of Facilities Committee
- Zonta International, Fairfax County Chapter (a women’s service organization)
- Leadership Fairfax, Inc., Class of 2004
- College of William & Mary, Mentor, Co-Council Program