Chris has been with WCL&W since 2002 representing clients needing discretionary zoning entitlement approvals, primarily rezonings, zoning amendments, and special exceptions/special use permits in Loudoun County and the incorporated towns within Loudoun. Prior to joining WCL&W, Chris worked for Loudoun County for 15 years in various capacities in Land Use Review and Zoning Administration, serving her final four years as Manager of the Land Use Review Division and as principal advisor to the Planning Commission. Chris also previously worked for Terrabrook for two years overseeing their development projects in Reston Town Center, the Broadlands planned community, and the Village of Red Cedar. She has also worked as a Land Use Planner with the McGuire Woods law firm.
- Handled rezoning of major mixed-use community in Loudoun County including 800,000 square feet of office space, 180,000 square feet of retail space, and 700 townhouse and multi-family dwelling units. Also obtained approval of a Comprehensive Sign Plan for the commercial portions of this project.
- Handled rezoning of first mixed-use project under the Town of Leesburg’s Crescent District Master Plan policies.
- Represented developer in rezoning of one of Loudoun County’s rural villages.
- Handled applications to amend the proffers and concept plans for major mixed-use communities in Loudoun County and in the Town of Leesburg.
- Obtained special use permit approval for redevelopment of a shopping center in the Town of Purcellville.
- Obtained special exception approvals for various uses including gas station/convenience stores, churches, day care centers, and private schools.
- Performs zoning due diligence and proffer analyses for clients seeking to purchase property in Loudoun County and the incorporated towns.
- Leadership Loudoun, Class of 1996
- Loudoun County Employee of the Year, 1993
- “Residents Voice Concerns Over Crescent Parke Development,” LoudounNow, Web, May 26, 2016 (Link to Article)
- Waterford Foundation, former Board member
- Loudoun Museum, former Board member
- Purcellville Preservation Association, former Board member
- Girls Scouts, former volunteer
- Loudoun Literacy Council, former volunteer
Practice AreasLand Use and Zoning
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Graduate Studies in Urban Planning & AdministrationUniversity of Delaware, B.S., Political Science with Urban Studies concentration, 1976
American Institute of Certified Planners
American Planning AssociationVirginia Planning Association